Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Daily Beach Chores, Grocery Shopping and Cooking Dinner

I got up at 7am - Did my Normal Morning Routine of Taking Blanket off of Bird Cage, Feeding Cats, Feeding Bird, Changing Bird & Cat water, Cleaning Cat boxes and Bird Cage, Putting away Dishes I did the night before, Making Coffee for me, Green Tea for Roy, Making the Bed, Organizing Laundry, Exercise, Shower, Check Emails, etc. Then I got Ready and took a my Daily Beach Walk to go walk my Friend Nancy`s Dogs, since she has a Normal 9am-5pm Job and she needs someone to come walk her Pups, so I am that Girl. I left Nancy some Leftover M&M Cake that I baked over the weekend for my friend Reg in her Refrigerator. Read about that in my last post here.
After I walked Nancy`s Pups, I walked over to the Grocery Store to pick some Supplies. I am on foot due to I sold my Car (again, you can read about that here in my Older Post). The beauty of living in a Small Beach community is everything is either walking distance, Biking Distance, Bus Distance, Cheap Cab ride away or the Passport Trolly which is Only $1.25 per ride one way.
Today I walked to the Grocery store with my little cart that I bought at the LA County Fair (Pictured Below).
I went to the Grocery Store and bought a bunch of well needed supplies (Pictured at Top) that all pretty much fit in my Cart Bag (Pictured Above). I was pleasantly pleased to see how much fit in my cart and how easy it was to pull all the way home.
I got a lot of great deals this trip. It is Taco Tuesday, so I bought Taco ingredients. It is also St. Patrick`s Day on Saturday so Corned Beef was on sale as well as all the Fixings, so I bought Corned Beef, Rye Bread, Potatoes, Carrots & Cabbage. When I got home I put the groceries away & I started to put the Corned beef, Potatoes, Carrots & Cabbage in the Crock Pot, slow cooking it for over 10 hours so it can all be ready for the weekend. I then started browning the Ground Beef, making the taco filling, frying up the corn tortillas, molding them into taco shells, Chopping up the Cilantro, Red Onions, Lettuce and getting the cheese ready for dinner tonight. Roy went through 6 Tacos!!
The Only snag in this day was I accidentally bought parsley instead of cilantro! They were both sitting next to each other at the store and thought I made sure to get Cilantro, but when I got home to make dinner, I noticed it was parsley, Someone must have placed it in the wrong bin, URG!!! Thankfully Roy grabbed some cilantro on his way home from the gym. Tacos just taste better with Fresh Cilantro. Note to Grocery Store Stock Boys, Please do not Place Cilantro besides Parsley, PLEASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment