Monday, March 21, 2011

Live Like a Cockroach

(1st posted Oct. 20th 2009)

I admire the cockroach. The cockroach has lived through the ice age -it has survived the elements, almost impossible to kill, it has been here before humans & will probably be here after us humans are gone. The Cockroach eats trash & not the most sanitary of species, but yet, they trudge on.
Being a human, we wash our hands because it kills germs, we take vitamins to shield us from germs, use sunscreen, stay away from sun, we cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze, watch what we eat, steer ourselves from germs to all and any length. We are almost like that boy in a bubble.....afraid of that one germ to make us sick.
However, the more you shield yourself, the more you weaken yourself. The only way you get stronger and build immunities to germs is to be exposed to it -just like the flu shot.
Now- I am not saying -throw all cleanliness & caution out the window -I am just saying that I think we are getting obsessed with staying away from germs. I believe all things in moderation and I want to build resistance to things. The more I shield myself, the weaker I am getting, to where the common cold can destroy me.
I like the sun, the sun is a good source of Vitamin D, it energizes me, warms me, makes me feel better.....I just don`t try to spend to much time in it.
I wash my hands, yes I am really clean, but I am not going to carry that hand sanitizer in my purse. I eat healthy most of the time, but I will eat extremely UN-healthy at times and ENJOY IT!!
Take what you want from this, I`m not a doctor, but I bet most doctors will know that what I am saying is somewhat true.
So there you have it- that is my part in saving the Human Race, to make us stronger, so us humans can live on......building & Strengthening our immune system. Think of me as The Human Cockroach.
oxox, Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment